Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oatmeal...the Saga Continues

Every day this week I have had oatmeal for breakfast, and every day it seems to be a new experience. That's a good thing, because I am not getting bored with it. Earlier this week, I compared my weight control maple and brown sugar (on the left) with the plain stuff (on the right). And I was very surprised...
 

The weight control only has 20 more calories, 0.5 more grams of fat, 3 more carbs, and 2 more grams of protein (!). But quickly i noticed where the plain oatmeal has the edge. It has 0 sodium and sugars compared to the 290 sodium and 1 sugars of the "good" oatmeal. Now does the 2 splendas I add to the plain oatmeal make it a more even match? :)


On Wednesday I made oatmeal and t came out like cereal. It was very mushy and watery. Kind of gross. I added craisins (a BIG fan), and bananas (not so much) to the oatmeal. 

And today... well it came out hard as a rock.



OK, it wasn' a ROCK, I still enjoyed it, but as you can see i was able to hold it sideways AND upside down without it budging! I added craisins and walnuts and it was very good! I think tomorrow I am going to strive for a happy medium between the two. :)

So for breakfast I had the oatmeal above and a coffee. 
Snack - whole wheat pretzels
Lunch - Salad with grilled chicken, roasted peppers, olives, prosciutto, mozzarella, and balsamic vinaigrette. So good!
Snack - coffee and soy crisps
I think dinner will be a salad with quinoa and other goodies, but since it's FREEZING out, who knows.

In other news, Molly is going to get to see her best friend tomorrow morning and ALL weekend! Barkley is coming to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment