Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Sunday: the game

My superbowl was pretty laid back this year. I stayed home and watched with Walter and his dad. For eats, we had dinner, and then apps! We started off with a pizza and sausage bread – I had ½ a slice of pizza and 2 small slices of sausage bread. Then, during half time we moved on to the good stuff… the apps!
Walter and I hit up Trader Joe’s earlier in the day, and we picked up 2 dips we thought would be good:
Trader Joe's Taco Seasoned Beef, Bean, & Cheese Dip
I threw this in the microwave for 5 minutes, and was done! It kindof looked like a TV dinner, but tasted awesome! This was everyones favorite.
Trader Joe's Creamy Spinach & Atrichoke Dip
This one I threw into a bowl, and microwaved for 3 minutes. Also delicious, and by the time I was done, I thought the dips were equally good. But I am always a sucker for spinach artichoke dip!
We had both dips with a bag of multigrain tortilla chips, and i had 2 servings! Both dips were demolishesd by the time the 3rd quarter started.

Before the superbowl, i did a little meal prepping for the week by making another batch of my Chili Mango Chicken. It seriously could not wait another day, because my mando was on it's way out and the chicken was sitting in the fridge since thursday, waiting to be cooked! Here is the exact recipe, since I didn't write it our last time:

Chili-Mango Chicken
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into ½ inch pieces
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
¼ Tbso sesame oil
½ Tbsp peanut or canola oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp grated or chopped fresh ginger (I used dried, and it was fine)
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 mango pitted, pealed, and chopped
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
Black pepper to taste

1.       Combine the chicken, cornstarch, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
2.       Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the sugar snaps and stir fry for 1 minute, using a metal spatula to keep the veggies in near-constant motion. Add the chicken, along with its marinade, and stir fry for about 2 minutes, until the meat begins to brown on the outside. Add the mango, chili sauce, and black pepper, and stir fry for 1 minute longer, until the chicken is cooked through and the mango has softened to a near sauce-like consistency. Serve over brown rice.
Makes 4 servings – 280 calories per serving – 8 g fat – 410 mg sodium
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment