Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Running

I am doing it! I am doing the Couch to 5k and not dying! On Friday, despite getting out of work late, it snowing out, and being stuck in traffic, I STILL made it to the gym and did my second workout. And despite running WAY late on Saturday, I went and did my third workout of week 1! It felt so good to complete the workouts, and my body felt so good after doing them!


Monday morning I started Week 2 of the C25K program, and it was HARD. Who thought going from running for 60 seconds to 90 seconds would be such a big change? Here is the week 2 C25K plan: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. If you were running on a treadmill, it would look like this:


00:00-5:00: Warmup walk
5:00-6:30: Run
6:30-8:30: Walk

8:30-10:00: Run
10:00-12:00: Walk
12:00-13:30: Run
13:30-15:30: Walk
15:30-17:00: Run
17:00-19:00: Walk
19:00-20:30: Run
20:30-22:30: Walk
22:30-24:00: Run
24:00-26:00: Walk
26:00-30:00: Cooldown Walk


I ended up doing the first 26 minutes, and finishing out on the elliptical for 10 minutes. Take that, c25k! We have been snowed in for the last 2 days so back to the gym tomorrow to do workout #2 of week 2!


In other news, I signed up for my first race! I signed up for the Spring Lake 5 which is over Memorial Day weekend (5/28). Its funny, because I registered for this 5 miler even before I registered for the 5K I am planning on doing!


My eating has been OK at best. I cheated over the weekend, so i haven't seen much (if any) movement on the scale. 


SATURDAY
B- Egg sandwich on a WW english muffin w/tomato, cilantro, 1/2 avocado, a laughing cow cheese wedge, and hot sauce. (SO GOOD!)
L- Chik Fil-a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun
D- (Was at a party) appetizers: guac and 5 chips, caprese salad. Dinner: Lasagna, a meatball, salad, a piece of chicken franchese. 2 glasses of wine. Dessert - fruit, a sliver of chocolate cake, and a coffee.
S- a million chips and dip (DANGIT)


SUNDAY

B- Egg sandwich on a WW English muffin w/tomato,  1/2 avocado, a laughing cow cheese wedge, and hot sauce.
L- SUSHI! A side salad w/ginger dressing, 2 rolls sushi (spicy tuna roll, shrimp tempura, Christmas, spicy shrimp shared with Walter)
D- 1/3 cup yellow rice, 1 cup broccoli, 1/3 cup pulled brisket (like pulled pork)

MONDAY
B1- 90 calorie fiber one bar before the gym
B2- oatmeal w/half a banana and 1 tbsp craisins
S- 1/2 banana
L- healthy choice meal
S- Soy crisps (2 servings)
D- Can of Italian wedding soup with grated cheese

TUESDAY
B-fruit and cereal (2 servings of cereal, snacked on it dry)
S- soy crisps
L- huge salad with chicken, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, feta, balsamic vinaigrette
S- multi grain chips and hummus
D- can of soup, WW English muffin, brie cheese (snacked way too much today!)

WEDNESDAY
B- yogurt w/1/2 banana and cereal (trying to fill myself up so i don't have the urge to snack!

Working from home sometimes hurts me, because I want to snack ALL day. This is what ended up happening to me yesterday, and i felt so gross by the end of the day. I need to figure out how to stop this from happening. Any suggestions? Maybe a bigger breakfast to fill me up more? That's what I tried today. We will see if it works!

1 comment:

  1. You should just get rid of all the snacks...if they aren't there, you won't eat them! Ask anyone in the house to hide snacks if they rally need them to be there!

    ReplyDelete